Friday, June 11, 2010

First Days In Alaska

Well I had my first evening and half-day of work so far. I didn't have to do a whole lot last night, which was nice.  I did help cook though, and it took two crock pots full of food to feed everyone! I have never seen so much food in my life! This morning I have just been doing work for Heather and Tony (the owners) and cleaning/cooking. I had to be up at 6am to make breakfast for the boys (there are twenty of them living with us). I made mass amounts of ham and scrambled eggs. The other girl up here is named Stephanie and she is really nice. I spend most of my time doing work stuff with her and Heather. Things are hectic and my job is pretty random.

The house we are staying in is pretty nice. I share a room and bathroom with Stephanie, which is better than expected because we don't have to deal with boys filth. The boys have their own bunkhouse that sits separately from the house, but Stephanie and I stay in the main house with the owners. The house faces out to the mountains and an inlet of the ocean so we have constant views of those two amazing things. There is also a huge second story deck that wraps around the house, so I have been taking some good pictures from there. Can't wait to show them to you all (the internet is too slow and limited to post them while I am here). Also, the boys are all pretty nice but will take some getting used to the living situation for sure. There are about twenty of them up here so far and they are interesting characters...with names like Booger (haha).  This summer is shaping up to be quite the experience!

Hope all is well at home and I will try to keep you all updated often.

2 comments:

  1. Hey frontier person,

    Glad to see your first post and that you survived your first day. Watch out for anyone named Booger.

    Love, Dad & Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun so far. I can't wait to hear more :) We miss you, and agree with Dad and Jen-anyone named Booger sounds like trouble. lol.

    ReplyDelete