Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Fishing Trip

Hello All,

Well it is another Sunday in Bristol Bay and thankfully it has been a little slow today...I actually may have gotten 5 hours of sleep! A new record! Today has consisted mostly of cooking and cleaning. I managed to make a small feast today: split pea soup, salmon patties, brownies, meatloaf, and biscuits. The peak of fishing season is finally starting to hit here, which is good because it means more fish for us. Although, it also means work hours are increasing quite a bit. 16 hour days are quite the norm.

I got to take a (for fun) fishing trip for the fist time since I have been here two nights ago. Went out trolling with a couple of the sport fisherman in the area. We didn't catch much, just a Jack King Salmon (smaller version of the real King Salmons). But, it was lots of fun! I got to tour the Bay from the water which was awesome. Also, we snuck up on a mama bear who was carrying her 3 cubs across the water on her back. She wasn't too happy once we got close to her. She growled at us and took off running, I got some great pictures though. I will have to post them sometime soon. Also, I posted my first round of pictures on Facebook so check them out :)

Well, I must go bake some more. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment